User Feedback Plasma Active On Nexus 7

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Feb 20 14:30:13 UTC 2013

On 20.02.2013 15:16, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 14:38:03 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>>>
>>> very odd; i don't have that on PA installs here: i just get the touchlock
>>> screen that is activated should be the one with the nice little draggable
>>> lock icon. do you get that *and* a password dialog?
>>
>> The password is asked on each wakeup if a kwallet password is set and
>> the WPA key is stored in kwallet.
>
> aaaaaah. yes, kwallet needs a default set up with no password.

Would that mean that all passwords are saved unencrypted? That may be a
bad combination with Browser saving every password in KWallet without
asking.
Finding the right trade-off between convenience and security isn't
exactly easy on a mobile device, but it's a hot topic especially for
enterprise adoption (it's been the great plus for Blackberry at least in
the past). Having to enter a textual password on every wakeup definitely
sucks for all but the most security-concerned users, though.

Say we implement a more sophisticated unlock mechanism some day, would
it be possible to decrypt an encrypted KWallet with that as well, then?