Media Query

Swapnil Bhartiya editor at muktware.com
Mon Feb 18 14:16:43 UTC 2013

> There should already be a root account, with the password "mer" (just
> use "su").
Thanks. Was told on G+ :-)
>> 4. there is no 'back' button when in Files or any other such
>> application.
>
> In files there is only one case where a back button is needed, and
> that's when you navigate the hierarchical structure on an external
> memory device. A back button should appear once you've entered a
> folder on an external device, though. If it isn't there, that's a bug.
> Other than that, you simply don't need a back button because you don't
> actually navigate somewhere, you just apply different filters.
> In which situation(s) did you miss a back button?
Files (Dolphin?)
1. When I play a media from app and want to go back to list of media or
the place where the list of media was I can go back as there is a back
button on top. A similar back button is desired for apps such as file
manager.
May be I am used to back button on my Android for exampl when I am in an
app for STIB and searching for a bus route, I can always hit the back
button to get out of that route and go back to the list of buses.

More Feedback:
1. The virtual keyboard come over the composed text so it becomes
impossible to see what is being typed. The text should stay above the
keyboard as happens in Android.
2. If I am in some app which needs virtual keyboard, let's say Kwrite,
and then I pull down the task-switcher/list of apps the keyboad stays
which makes it hard to do anything. That's had if I want to use the
keyboard to search anything.
3. I can't connect my hardware keyboard/mouse which may make it easier
to type longer commands. I have HOST USB cable but the tablet doesn't
detect it.
4. I can't type anything in the browser, the keyboard pops up but
doesn't work
5. I installed KATE (just for the sake of testing) but the virtual
keyboard doesn't work.
6. Virual keyboard doesn't work in Marbel.
7. Bluetooth is not working. Do I need to install some packages?
7. the X button remains when I removed any app from task manager.

I don't know if this feedback makes any sense at this stage of
development. What I think is if more user can use and test it the more
feed-back we can get.

> In which applications did you notice that? In case of desktop (i.e.
> QWidget-based) applications, we don't really care, they are legacy
> anyways. For Active applications, we haven't finished DPI-awareness
> yet, so Plasma Active may suffer from Nexus 7's high DPI. Things
> should improve considerably for QML-based applications once
> DPI-awareness is fully implemented, but I don't know when that will be.

I think I have basic info for the first article on Plasma Active on N7.
I did not want any negative feedback to go in the story/video without
understanding why it happes so wanted to cross check. Again appreciate
such a nice project and such appealing work.

Thanks. That explains :-)

Swapnil