Packaging of Calligra for PA

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Feb 16 02:21:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013, 13:25:39 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> On Monday, February 11, 2013 22:42:08 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > 1. Step: Packaging setup
> >
> > What do you recommend to me to try & test the packaging?
> >
> > I have available:
> > * ExoPC (as spread by Intel on the Berlin DesktopSummit)
> > * 64-bit desktop computer running OpenSuse Tumbleweed with some cores to
> > use

Reached the state where I can do packaging:
1. Installed Mer SDK
2. Revived my MeeGo.com account (password of course forgotten, and the server
did not sent out the new one for a few days, but at least today finally)
3. Setup OSC locally
4, Checkout Project:KDE:Devel calligra
5. Build packages locally with
   osc build --no-verify Mer_Core-next_CE_UX_PlasmaActive_i586 i586

So far everything worked :)
(modulo try & error bumping on the way to get there, but no animals or humans
were hurt, minimal data loss, like when accidentally untaring the SDK tarball
in the own home directory, doh)

Notes are taken and will be added to the wiki, once I am sure of the process.

Now the next questions:
1. Is the YAML file or the spec file used? (any good intro into YAML?)
2. How is review done for spec/yaml changes?
3. Is there a way to run the PA shell from inside the Mer SDK and test the
locally created packages, with Xephyr or similar?

Cheers & Good night
Friedrich