Integration branch changes

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Thu Feb 14 20:40:16 UTC 2013

On Thursday 14 February 2013 13:04:09 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:35:51 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Hm yes, this is indeed a problem. We have to make sure that fixes for
> > new features can be retested in Integration before thy get merged into
> > Master to make sure that the bugs are indeed fixed and that there are no
> > regressions.
>
> I have been merging weekly, but can do so more frequently when a branch
> owner requests it. A monday merge should hopefully result in an on-device
> update by tuesday at the latest .. we just need to, as you note, stick to
> that schedule.

I guess the weekly merging works well in general, but in the testing phase
between merging features into Integration and merging Integration back into
Master, I guess fixes to the features will have to be merged faster, otherwise
a test-fix-retest cycle would take too long to complete (especially in case a
bug needs several iterations until it's truly fixed).
Maybe if we really use Bugzilla for every bug, you can just pull from the
corresponding feature branch as soon as a bug in Integration is marked as
fixed?