Archlinux-arm based Plasma Active UI Stack

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Sun Feb 10 00:27:35 UTC 2013

Yes, again...

Following up on [0], I want to give this project a try. Lately, I have
been working on two different ARM platforms and in both cases, I found
Arch Linux ARM to be a good solution for my goals. I think this
project has a lot of traction and we can get a lot of advertisement by
maintaining a set of Active packages there. One of the platforms I'm
working with is the ASUS Transformer TF300T, for which a dual boot
solution based on Arch Linux ARM is actively (no pun intended) being
developed[1]. If we hop on that train on time, we can provide a
PA-ready image for users looking for a dual boot solution.

I currently have very little experience with Arch Linux, ARM and
Plasma Active but I plan to team up with some local Arch Linux users,
I have an RPi I plan to use as a build sytem, I plan to use other
plasma-active package layouts like the one that is being worked in
Gentoo, and a member of the local KDE community just acquired an ASUS
TF300T so that's about everything we have for a plan right now.

If anybody else is interested in collaborating and testing, just
contact me or write to this thread.

David E. Narváez

[0] http://www.mail-archive.com/active@kde.org/msg00672.html
[1] https://www.xda-developers.com/android/archlinux-on-the-transformer-tf300t/