testing

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:57:47 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 05 February 2013, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 February 2013 19:58:09 Marco Martin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > as of today, nepomuk-filled data in the activity screen should be back as
> > normal (in the repositories, not in the published image)
>
> Yup, it works flawlessly so far. I could not reproduce any of the bugs
> related to it (and closed them accordingly). Great!
>
> > what i would like to, is to get again a torough testing of the image
> > (either updating, or waiting a new image comes out)
> >
> > and after that, another area that needs some testng, is the integration
> > branch (that means enable it in the active settings ui, then zypper
> > refresh/zypper up)
> >
> > there are 3 things there to be tested at the moment:
> > * the notifications applet should have changed (well, it looks the same
> > but basically is success if they still work)
>
> Ah, so _that_'s the thing that should be where that big red square button
> with the X in it is... ;)
> In other words: On my device with
> basyskom-plasma-active-wetab-exopc-tablet- mer-devel-130124-1541.iso
> installed and Integration packages from today, it isn't loaded
> successfully.

ok, so the config update script is either not ran or ran at the wrong moment
what is the process that runs kconf updates usually?

> > * ui to delete tags in the file browser (side swipe them)
>
> - Swiping works
> - Sometimes the left edge of the Delete button peeks out from the edge of
> the screen after the buttons are shown and hidden again
> - Deleting works
> - At first reproducibly, then all of a sudden not reproducibly anymore,
> after I revealed and hid the buttons again by swiping, I could neither
> create new tags nor delete tags anymore until I restarted Files.

ugh, did you actually delete a tag to cause the problem or was just the simple
act of showing the delete dialog?

> > * a little change in okular mobile (the size tab to open the side panel
> > is always visible)
>
> Yes, it's visible. :)
> Anything specific that should be tested or just look if it's there and can
> be pulled?

just that all is  still usable, that can be pulled, hidden, and the content is
still correctly interactive