Task Centric Interface

Wolfgang Romey hier at wolfgangromey.de
Mon Feb 4 14:54:39 UTC 2013

Hello

I follow the discussion about the task-centric-interface with high interest
and think, i will be important for PA to make real progress in that field.
Together with activities PA  could become something very special.

But as it will take a while, to get there, i think, you should give the user
ways to work i the old way, as long as the new way is not there. An example:
as long as tagging is not really working in files and existing tags in media
files are not read, the possibility to browse folders in Plasma-Mediacenter
should be back. Without it, one can't really test and use it.
And you should give the users a choice of more software. When you offer Marbel
in a version which is not optimized for a touch screen, why don't you offer
for example kstars? I know from the slx-image, that it is usable in PA; or for
example some educational software? Or is there a way to install from another
repro?

I think it is right, that PA should not compete in number of applications, but
i think, that it could (should) have a more complete offer.

I use PA-devel on a weTab and make updates nearly every day. Up to now,
everything is working well and i see progress. My thanks for that.

Wolfgang