Testing Plasma Active devel images in VirtualBox

Andrej Vernekar andrej.vernekar at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 16:44:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to test the latest builds using VirtualBox following the
instructions on the Wiki page but the installation seems to be broken - to be
more precise, I can boot from ISO images and the builds work reasonably
well**, but if I choose the "Install" option, I can no longer boot the virtual
machine after the installation finishes...
I tried the following images:
basyskom-plasma-active-wetab-exopc-tablet-mer-devel-130201-2059.iso (weekly
devel mer-next)
basyskom-plasma-active-wetab-exopc-tablet-mer-devel-130201-2019.iso (weekly
devel)
The results are the same.

Initially thinking that my setup is causing this, I tested the image
basyskom-plasma-active-wetab-exopc-tablet-mer-testing-130201-2040.iso (weekly
testing) and the installation works fine so this seems to be an issue in the
latest devel images.
Has anyone else also stumbled upon this?

If I overlooked anything in the instructions I volunteer to update the wiki
page with details so that others won't loose too much time on this... the
instructions for installing in a virtual environment need a refresh anyway
(e.g. activation of the mouse pointer).

Best regards,
Andrej

**except for the virtual keyboard which does not disappear and completely
blocks the interface ... not sure if the following keyboard issue is connected
in any way (I do not have an NV GPU):
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Community_Workspace/Tegra3/Nexus7#Nemo_Mobile