New iso of PA4

Andrej Vernekar andrej.vernekar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 14:09:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

after running into installation issues in VirtualBox on OpenSUSE 12.3 a while
ago, I now retried to install the ISO in VirtualBox on openSUSE 13.1 (x86_64).
Still no luck...

> > ha! right, i always forget that the wetab bios wants some magic in front
> > of
> > isos to boot them (since i have an exopc that is almost identic but has a
> > real bios)
> >
> > I modified that iso, now it should work.
> >
> > as documented on the kickstarts readme, you can also correct your own iso
> > with the command as root (with all the care a dangerous command like that
> > implies)
> >
> > printf "\x9d\x2a\x44\x7b"|dd of=plasma-active-i586-stable-2013-12-10.iso
> > conv=notrunc bs=1 count=4 seek=440

Hmmm, could that "magic" be the reason why I can boot the ISO image in
VirtualBox, but once I install it, it does not boot at all?

Not sure if I took the right image though...
http://makeplaylive.com/~notmart/plasma-active-i586-stable-2013-12-10.iso