Install archos 101xs

Ruediger Gad r.c.g at gmx.de
Sun Dec 1 16:15:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

this should actually work.
As far as I know, the hardware is pretty similar to the Archos G9 models.
If my memory serves me right, the "official Archos" kernel sources for
the 101 XS (aka Gen. 10) also just have a reference to the G9 kernel.

Before reading on, please be aware that doing anything described below
will void the warranty of your device and may be dangerous.
You do this all on your own responsibility and risk.

Please also note that there are different "XS" versions. While the 101
XS is likely to work, others won't work at all as they use an entirely
different SoC.

In theory, it should be possible to use the same approach as with the
Archos G9 versions.
The following URL has a step-by-step how-to on how to install it (scroll
down to "Installation Howto"):
https://share.basyskom.com/plasma-active/archos_gen9.html

However, I am not sure how up-to-date the images linked on that website are.
I suggest to try the images that can be downloaded here:
http://files.kde.org/plasma/active/4.0/images/archosg9/
http://files.kde.org/plasma/active/3.0/images/archos-g9/armv7hl/
I'd first give the 4.0 version a try and in case that doesn't work try
the latest 3.0 version.

For the sake of completeness here is the link to the Archos SDE website:
http://www.archos.com/de/support/support_tech/updates_dev.html

It would be nice if you could keep us updated about your progress.

Best regards,

Ruediger

http://ruedigergad.com