Zypper up on stable PA4 image killed Maliit

Wolfgang Romey hier at wolfgangromey.de
Fri Aug 30 15:01:11 UTC 2013

Am Freitag, 30. August 2013, 16:23:09 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> On Friday, August 30, 2013 16:14:54 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> > >
> > > Not quite, "upgrading from PA3 is not supported, but might work (or
> > > might
> > > not). We recommend a clean installation.". People don't like to hear
> > > "impossible", and it isn't, just that we don't want to debug the mess it
> > > leaves. We should also mention backing up the user data in /home/mer).
> >
> > How can i back up my user data without using dolphin or the console?
>
> You could, for example, ssh into it.

That i do not understand.

But i think, i have not made my point clear: What will we tell the average
user, when he should backup his data. dolphin is not installed by default, he
will not know how to do it on the console. I know it and have dolphin
installed.
I will try to backup my data and reinstall PA4, i got the maliit bug to. As I
am using PA rather heavily (7-8 activities, all lot of documents and pictures,
bookmarks) i do not want to loose my data.

Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Romey

Anhänge bitte nur in offenen Formaten wie z.B. die openoffice-Formate

Diese email ist signiert.