Zypper up on stable PA4 image killed Maliit

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Thu Aug 29 21:52:14 UTC 2013

<colomar at autistici.org>wrote:
> > > think we can't do anything about it.
> > > images done after the name change are correct and are going to correctly
> > > update.
> > > installations older than thast, don't think can be fixed (if somebody
> >
> > with
> >
> > > more packaging-fu has an idea, please do tell ;)
> >
> > I don't mind if my RC won't upgrade to the final image correctly, I can
> > just
> > reinstall. What we should think about is if we think we need to provide a
> > working upgrade path from PA3 to PA4 or if we think that it's okay for
> > those
> > few who have installed PA3 on their device to do a reinstall with PA4.
> >
> > What is our approach here?
>
> iirc pa3 still used repos on meego obs, so even the repo urls have changed

True. So we probably should go with Carl's suggestion to explicitly tell
people that migration from PA3 isn't possible and if they've used PA3, they
should reinstall.
Is it possible to migrate all user data? Nepomuk data should be able to be
migrated using Nepomuk backup/restore, right? What about Activities and
connected resources?