Feedback Plasma Active Weekly and some questions

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Apr 17 22:18:37 UTC 2013

Hi Karaca,

First of all, thanks for your feedback! Inline, find answers to your
questions.

On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:58:19 Karaca wrote:
> Now some questions:
> [1]
>
> what are the differences between:
>
> https://share.basyskom.com/plasma-active/deployment/wetab-exopc/tablet/mer/d
> evel/weekly/
> https://share.basyskom.com/plasma-active/deployment/wetab-exopc/tablet/mer/
> devel/weekly-next-mer-preview/
> https://share.basyskom.com/plasma-active/deployment/wetab-exopc/tablet/mer/
> testing/weekly/ May be some kind of Debian-Like stability rating? But the
> timestamps were confusing. No "stable" monthly?

Correct, no stable monthly version. Just install stable and zypper dup.

> [2]
>
> how can i build my own ISO with Radeon driver, my Wi-Fi driver, updated
> packages, Media Player and Calligra? I have already installed and run the
>
> https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Platform_SDK
> but using SUSE build service to compile a Tizen compatible Mer core to use
> Plasma Active with a MeeGo account(!) is somehow beyond my multitasking
> capabilities ;-) Is there a simpler way? Like Gentoo: edit 2-3 text files
> for arch/compiler settings, wanted packages, recommended/not-wanted
> packages, ... call the script and go drinking coffee ...

You could put it like that, or just say "I used kickstarter to build a new
Plasma Active image". Apart from that, it's Open Build Service (no SUSE in the
name, though it has been developed at SUSE). We've just moved repositories
away from Meego infrastructure, because that's going to be shut down.

> [3]
> what about version 4? Aaron blogged "end of March", official wiki announces
> 26. March, ... i could not find a pre-version today. Dropped?

We've needed some time to fix important bugs. What you're running basically
*is* the pre-version, it is pretty close to what's becoming Plasma Active 4.
We're not doing a strictly time-based cycle.

> [4]
> can one of you approve my MeeGo account request or forward this? I have
> requested it with this yahoo openId and got feedback "after your mail
> account is verified ..." but no verification mail since four days and
> complete silence in IRC #mer channel.

Ask lbt on #mer on irc.freenode.net.

sebas