AP - full screen mode

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Apr 9 13:50:45 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 09 April 2013 15:30:56 Bogdan Cristea wrote:
> For full screen mode currently I use
>
> QRect rect(0, 0, QApplication::desktop()->width(), QApplication::desktop()-
>
> >height());
>
> setGeometry(rect);
this is not a way to set a window to fullscreen. How should the window manager
know that this is fullscreen? It sees such a geometry and says: wow that's
wrong, it would overlap with the panel. That's obviously not what the
application wants and so I give it the area without the panel.

If you want to set a window to fullscreen use the proper EWMH hint. I'm not
sure whether Qt provides a hint for it, but KWindowSystem does.

Cheers Martin