branches merged and tag

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Wed Apr 3 19:26:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:49 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 03 April 2013, Vishesh Handa wrote:
> > > any particular requirements that we should pay attention?
> > > atm nepomuk-core is 4.10.1, virtuoso is 6.1.6 and soprano is from 2.9
> > > branch,
> > > 20th march
> > > anything else important we should pay attention?

Do you want me to make an official release of Soprano 2.9.1? I could do
that. The only reason I haven't is cause I'm a little lazy and no one
explicitly needed it.

kpeople will need it, but that release is still about 2 weeks away.

> > Well, Nepomuk has some optional dependencies in order to index files. In
> > this case taglib is used for indexing mp3 files.
>
> for the metadata stuff,
> taglib is 1.7, exiv2 is 0.21.1, ffmpeg not present (usual legal problems
> ;))

If taglib is present then the mp3 files should get indexed. Could you
perhaps send me one of those files?

A nice way to check would be -

$ nepomukindexer <file>
$ nepomukshow <file>

nepomukshow is only available in master, so if you don't have it you will
need to run a command. You will need to fetch the URI of the file which
should look like 'nepomuk:/res/uuid' and will be there in the debug output
for nepomukindexer. You can then run the command -

$ nepomukcmd query 'select * where { <nepomuk:/res/uuid> ?p ?o . }'

you will get a LOT of data that has been indexed for this file. A lot of it
might be duplicates, but that is okay. The duplicates are inferenced data,
and they don't matter.

Check if stuff like nmm:performer is there. If it isn't then the
taglibextractor isn't being called and we will need to debug this more.

--
Vishesh Handa