short recap on status

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Apr 2 12:19:30 UTC 2013

On 02.04.2013 13:57, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

>>> I'm not entirely sure, but it looks like that to me.
>>
>> As  the brightness of the screen on my wetab did not get brighter, i tried
>> discharging it. At about 30% battery-status, the screen got bright again.
>> I will wait, if the screen gets darker again, and then try the same. Wetabs
>> fault or PAs fault?
>
> I've noticed that some wetabs try to be smart about screen brightness, and set
> it depending on the surrounding light (so if you put the finger above the
> sensor, it changes brightness). THat's utterly annoying, but as far as I know,
> nothing we can do about it.

Yes, I noticed the same thing, and this is why I wrote that I don't
think it's PA's fault. However, sometimes my Wetab stops trying to
adjust to the surrounding light and respects the user setting instead. I
have no idea what causes the switch.
Iirc the original WeTab-OS had an option to switch the light sensor on
and off. It would be nice if someone could find out what that option
does in the background and switch it off in PA, but that's not a task
for the core PA team, of course.
I guess that we'll have to file it under "Wetab is crap" and live with
this for now.