PA3 release blockers

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Sep 18 20:54:47 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 18 September 2012 16:16:41 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> Hi all ...
>
> I've added a 3.0 version to the Active product in bugzilla. Remaining show
> stopper bugs MUST be:
>
> * marked as applying to 3.0
> * noted as severity "critical"
>
> That way we can use a nice search like this one:
>
> 	http://tinyurl.com/9l9gnk3
>
> to find all outstanding bugs.
>
> The show stoppers mentioned in previous emails that are not in the list have
> been fixed.
>
> If we end up with bugs outside of Active itself, such as the Bangarang
> crash, we should lodge a bug report with the relevant application as soon
> as we have 1 or more of these we can create a "External Show X.0 Stoppers"
> bug that depends on these other reports.

The Bangarang crash is now fixed.
Generally of course we need to file bugs with the respective apps, I just
wasn't sure if it was caused by Bangarang or PA.

> p.s. Thomas, if you can re-confirm that creating an account in the addons
> app works for you, that'd be great. there was indeed sth broken, which i
> fixed (server side) and i just made one now. and yes, i know the return
> page when you confirm via the email is fugly atm :)

I can confirm that it creating and connecting an account works now, as well as
selecting books :)

What does not work atm is actually downloading a book. Don't know if it's a
problem in the App or on the server side, though. At first there is just no
progress and after a while it says something like "Network Error". In one
case, shortly after pressing "Download", the button changed to "Read Book" and
the reader opened, but did not show anything.