Draft announcement text: please review

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Sep 14 20:14:21 UTC 2012

On Friday 14 September 2012 17:55:35 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've had a go at an announcement text for PA3 coming week. Please have a
> look over it before I'll hand it to the kde-promo spindoctors.
>
> Cheers,

Hi sebas,
good text overall, I like! :)

Here are my comments:
- "The new Microblog app offers an easy and intuitive way for users to keep
tabs on Social Networks such as Twitter and Identi.ca." appears twice (in the
first and last paragraph of the "New Apps" section).
- Is Bodega Store now the official name for the application? I'm confused by the
many different names it's been given over time...
- Is Okular Active the official, user-facing name? In the App Launcher it's
called "Books", the executable was something like actove-documentviewer last
time I checked. We really need to use names more consistently.
- I'm still not sure if we should keep the name "Files", since it's supposed
to handle any kind of resources in the future. But maybe we can call it Files
as long as it does in fact only handle files...
- The description of Calligra Active makes it look like ia fully functional
office suite, which is pretty misleading. The description should reflect what it
is: A document _viewer_.

Cheers,
Thomas