Proposal: Plasma Active Three end of August

Jean Cayron jean.cayron at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 08:30:57 UTC 2012

Hi all,

2012/9/6 Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar at autistici.org>

> > Another thing is: Which hardware and which base system do we want it to
> run
> > smoothly on? I don't know about other devices and platforms, but at
> least PA
> > on Mer on Wetab currently has several problems, from a blank locking
> screen
> > to uncontrolled sleeping to the power button shutting down instead of
> > locking. If these problems don't appear on other devices and we don't
> care
> > about Wetab, I'm fine with that. But if we want to show PA3 running on a
> > Wetab without embarrassing ourselves, there are still quite a few things
> > do.
>
> I haven't experienced any "narcolepsy" with the latest Devel image yet, so
> perhaps this is fixed. The same goes for the blank locking screen and the
> power
> button shutting down. Very nice :)

There are still problems on the Archos G9, if you want to advert it as
"working hardware". Maybe these problems come not from KDE but from Mer of
Archos' contribution but it doesn't work flowlesly yet (though I saw small
improvements in the last devel image). Some buttons (but not all) also
don't react. The sleep function does not work very well (of not at all).
The dpi problem is also real on a 8" screen but that can be maybe in PA4
resolved, it's not so blocking.

But, that said, it is a very good project and thank you for the hard work
already done.

Regards,

Jean