Get in touch with the user

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Oct 30 21:55:15 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 30 October 2012 17:47:11 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > > For me it would be helpfull, if
> > > * there were dot-releases;
> >
> > Why would that be helpful for you? Important bugfixes will be backported
> > into the stable branch, and since dot releases would only contain bugfixes
> > anyway, I don't see the advantage. The only advantage I see would be to
> > know that when a dot release is announced, you should "zypper up". On the
> > other hand, if you care about a bug you're probably subscribed to it, so
> > when you see it's closed, you know that you should "zypper up" as well
>
> I thought, that it would be helpfull for feedback, so i could tell my PA3 is
> up to date. Now i do zypper refresh allmost daily, to see, if sommething
> has changed.

That is not really necessary. If there is a bug that really annoys you: Put
yourself on the CC list and wait until it's fixed. Then update. New features
usually won't be backported, so there's no need to hope for that.

> > > * if i could install/activate more KDE-software, so i could test, what
> > > works and what is usable on a tablet and give feedback.
> >
> > Well, most desktop KDE apps are not usable on a tablet. But if you have a
> > suggestion about what might work and should be added to the repos, just
> > tell us and we'll add it if there are no technical barriers.
>
> In an earlier mail i wrote, that i had Kstars on my wetap, when i used the
> balsam iso. For me, it was very good usable, as you only have to configure
> it once and only sometimes have to change the location. I think, it could
> be as attractiv to users as marble.

We might add that one, yes. Installing applications will be a lot easier when
the infrastructure for getting apps via Add Ons is in place.
The Kstars team is currently actually working on an Active version of their
application (at least they talked to me about it during Akademy) so things
will be even better there soon!