Six (out of ten) "best features of Windows 8" which we had long before it even came out

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 18:15:52 UTC 2012

On Monday 29 October 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> There are many ways to see that you're going in the right direction.
> One of them is reading an article titled "The 10 Best Features in Windows
> 8" and realizing that your product had six of them for more than a year
> now:
> http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/10/the-10-best-features-in-windows-8/

yep, there is a lot of stuff that is familiar indeed ;)

I'll add another one, this is more an under the hood thing:

if I understood correctly, windows8 can distribute assets (ui files being xaml
or html, images etc) in a particular package structure that is quite similar
to Plasma::Package, it even has the fallback mechanism to tell to prefer some
files over others depending to the device, phone, desktop, tablet etc.

just like.. ah yeah, Plasma::Package :p