Enabling UMTS on Archos G9 in Plasma Active

Maurice de la Ferte Maurice.Ferte at basyskom.com
Fri Oct 26 11:30:40 UTC 2012

Hi all,

we added 3G/UMTS support to our latest Archos Gen9 Plasma Active devel and testing images.
Great thanks to Ruediger Gad who did this work and also published accurate dokumentation
about on http://ruedigergad.com/2012/10/07/enabling-umts-on-archos-g9-in-plasma-active/#more-566

Latest weekly Testing and Devel images should already contain all needed parts to get the external
Archos 3G UMTS stick running out of the box:

http://share.basyskom.com/plasma-active/archos_gen9.html

Also If you like to try it out on a previous installed release image, just do following
steps in 'Konsole' application:

mer at device# su
root at device# zypper ar -f http://repo.pub.meego.com/Project:/KDE:/Mer_Extras:/Adaptation:/Archos-gen9/Project_KDE_Trunk_Testing_0.20120816.1_armv7l/ Archos_gen9_testing
root at device# zypper refresh
root at device# zypper up

Please note, a kernel update to the flash is mandatory to get the 3G/UMTS support working.

Sadly for lack of this stick I'm not able to verify it on my own, but I cannot find any regressions
yet. Feedback would be very nice, so we can make this update available to release image repository.

Cheers,

Maurice