sum up of yesterday IRC meeting

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 25 15:44:10 UTC 2012

On Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:55:57 Marco Martin wrote:
> * feature development: pa4 will be mostly fixes/finishes to current stuff:

to facilitate that, i will be facilitating Design and Development Focus
Sprints. these will be time-boxed efforts ranging from 1 to 3 weeks, depending
on the expected size of the topic, where we focus on *one* component of Active
(Files, books + eReader, Add Ons, etc).

the first days will be spent using and testing what currently exists and then
documenting and prioritizing:

* functional defects
* user experience improvements
* missing function

we will keep these three in separate lists and prioritize each list once
collated. we will then spend the rest of the time-box to work through the
lists from top to bottom in one or more branches.

we will do continual review of the branch(es) and at the end of the time
period we will do a final integration testing and then merge down into master
if indeed ready. we will then call that component as "done" for PA4. only in
the case of major defects will we spend additional time.

the idea is to focus to the point of obsession on each piece of Plasma Active
during a given time span so that PA4 will shine even brighter.

the current list of scheuled topics, in alphabetical order, include:

* Add-Ons
* Alarms
* Books + eReader
* Browser
* Files
* keyboard
* News / MicroBlog
* Share Like Connect

if there are other items that should be added here, please speak up now :)