Fwd: Google Code-in tasks needed

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Oct 24 11:13:21 UTC 2012

Google Code-In is on the horizon again (see forwarded mail)!
We had some tasks in last year's program, and for a teenager program, we got
some pretty interesting results!
Does anyone have any ideas for tasks? The tasks can be of the type
- code
- doc
- research
- QA
- user interface

They should be really small ("a task should take a normal KDE contributor about
2 hours"), but larger tasks can be split into several smaller ones which are
likely to be taken by the same person anyway, so this should not be the problem.

I think especially the non-coding categories can be interesting for us, since we
don't have much personnel for that. E.g. QA would be very helpful (we can e.g.
have participants spend a day putting a certain application through its paces),
documentation could be helpful as well (maybe Sascha could mentor some tasks for
an English version of the handbook?). I may put in some research tasks for small
user tests.

Anyone willing to create and mentor a task for Code-In? It's a few days of
relatively intensive mentoring for each task.

Cheers,
Thomas