Prefered way for writing text/sheets

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Oct 22 08:22:21 UTC 2012

On 22.10.2012 08:46, Sascha Manns wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> last week it was discussed for blacklisting calligraactive. AFAIK the way to
> open a document is the Files-App, and Files decides how to open a file depends
> on its content. So sometimes it opens in the Books-App or calligraactive.
>
> But what if a user want to create a new textfile or sheet?

Currently, users simply can't do that with Calligra Active. In its current
version, Calligra Active is a viewer with no creating/editing capabilities. When
creating new files becomes available, we will either remove CA from the
blacklist or - preferably - by then we will have created an optimized workflow
to create documents without having to start applications first (so users will
never have to remember which application does what).