Update and/or upgrade - Errors

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Thu Oct 18 06:15:42 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 17 October 2012 11:17:06 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> Thank you for noticing my remarks. I will try to make bug-reports in the
> future, if i find errors.

Great, feedback is always appreciated!

> I did not find the errors earlier, as i did not know a way to update or
> upgrade an iso, so i started only the images from the stick, as i did not
> wanted to loose my home-folder.
>
> Am i right, that i can update/upgrade via zipper refresh/update/upgrade and
> then test improvements?

Yes, you are. Notice however that depending on the repositories your image
uses, fixes may not be immediately available. If there is a new version of the
image, though, you can get the updates in there via zypper refresh && zypper
up as well, so no need to reinstall.

> It would be good, if the iso installer would offer a way to save the home
> folder.

We have no direct influence on the installer since it is provided by the Mer
project. It might be a good idea ask them to include that option, though.