release sunday evening

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Oct 12 14:44:54 UTC 2012

On 12.10.2012 16:02, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Friday 12 October 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>> On 12.10.2012 15:39, Marco Martin wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> since now we had plenty of time to pound on relase candidates, i propose
>>> to have the final image asap, to have everything ready for sunday
>>> evening.
>>>
>>> with official announcement on monday morning at latest.
>>
>> That schedule sounds good!
>> I hope Calligra Active will be blacklisted in it, since by now the
>> homsecreen is almost completely useless and Shantanu himself suggested to
>> blacklist it. Other than that and the Okular Active crash (I had it crash
>> on Wetab as well a few times, but it seems rather rare to me), I think
>> we're ready for release by now as well.
>
> i had explicitely reenabled it because i understood that it still provided
> more functionality still not in the file browser (ie show all the
> spreadsheets) while in the filebrowser all would go uder "documents"

The functionality you mentioned has recently been removed from Calligra Active.
Currently it only has the classic file open dialog (which exposes the file
system, we don't want that) and about button left.

> i'm fine with that, but my concern is that there could still be some kind of
> file supported by calligra that can't be shown by any supported  filebrowser
> query (don't know this, but since wasn't tested, opted for the safe way)

Shantanu himself wrote that it can be blacklisted, so I don't think this is an
issue.

If blacklisting Calligra Active would be the only reason for creating a new
image, don't do it. A useless application in the launcher probably isn't good
enough a reason to create a new image. Just if it's not much trouble and you'll
have to create a new image anyway, it would make sense to have it blacklisted in
the final image.