time for a re-roll?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Oct 7 19:16:04 UTC 2012

On Sunday, October 7, 2012 20:25:14 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Friday 05 October 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > the tag issue is a big issue that needs fixing anyways, the okular touch
> > tabbar is a minor issue ... just might be worth a re-roll. thoughts?
>
> in the repository now tags seems to work (would like others test it too :p)
> and your last commits are in.

cool; will update tonight and test.

as a side note -> i pushed a bunch of fixes to okular active. most importantly,
a fix for the "some thumbnails don't paint" bug. thumbnails requesting pixmap
renders is also decreased by 2-3x. a few other little bugs were fixed, but
nothing critical compared to those two things.

as for serializing the thumbnail painting requests, i tried one approach
(still here in a local branch) which ran into some walls as to how QML works
(lots of creating and deleting of thumbnail items, for instance) and how
Okular works (can't cancel a page render). it wasn't a complete waste of time,
as it has led to an alternative mechanism that should hopefully work.

in any case, the okular repo could use a re-pull if we need to re-roll the
image still.