time for a re-roll?

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Oct 5 21:55:12 UTC 2012

On Friday 05 October 2012 23:14:55 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi...
>
> i just pushed the change into bodega-client to make "Store" become
> "Add-Ons".

Nice :) Sorry for being really nitpicky now, but while you're at it, could you
maybe also change the window tittle? It currently says "Add Ons App". This
would make it perfect :)

> as this was noted as an important detail to get right (i agree..) it would
> be nice to re-roll the image ... is there time to do this before monday
> though?
>
> i've also pushed a bunch of micro-fixes into plasma-mobile that would be
> "nice" but not critical. if there isn't time to re-roll an image, perhaps
> we can announce anyways and re-roll as soon as we can. still, would be nice
> to go out with our best face forward ...

+1 It's become a bad habit for example for game publishers to release "zero-
day patches" for their games with fixes that they couldn't get into the gold
master. Sure people can get the patch right when they install the game, but it
still makes the publisher look a bit unprofessional.

Personally, I'd rather do it like Blizzard and push the release back a few
days to have it as close to perfection as possible. Their release delays are
usually welcomed by the community because they know it's for the best. And we
haven't even announced a date yet, so I don't think we'd lose much by delaying
the release a few days.

> the tag issue is a big issue that needs fixing anyways, the okular touch
> tabbar is a minor issue ... just might be worth a re-roll. thoughts?

We should not release without the tag issue fixed. We're strongly advertising
Files, so people will try it out and when they run into that problem right
away, it looks really bad.