release

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 15:38:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday, October 5, 2012 15:41:16 Marco Martin wrote:
>> shouldn't be that big
>
> ok :)
>
> my next question is: based on our marketing wordsmithing (anding othering
> wordings ending withing 'ing'ing ;) what will our "3 important messages" be
> that we flog in our blogs and elsewhere?
>
> shall we start a suggestions list and then pick from them?
>
> here's my first nomination:
>
> * new apps -> reader, file browser, ?
>
> --
> Aaron J. Seigo

Performance and stability

Freedom and power to the people B^)

It's important to have the announcements and website reflect the
release accurately (insert Thomas Pfeiffer's comments here). When I
talk about Plasma Active to outsiders, it's a strong message that
we're not competing with the big boys, but rather creating a high
quality alternative to the oligopoly products. Features that are
driven by user requirements. In short, Plasma Active is thoughtful.

So things like changing "Store" to "Add Ons" in the Launcher is a
minor, minor detail to us, but could make a difference with the
intended audience.

I don't have any examples to add to what Thomas has already written.
Those are in a few different places so maybe they need to be
consolidated if no one has implemented his earlier suggestions (e.g.
Calligra is not a viable office suite).