release

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Oct 5 15:32:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Friday, October 05, 2012 17:00:50 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Friday 05 October 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Friday, October 5, 2012 15:41:16 Marco Martin wrote:
> > > shouldn't be that big
> >
> > ok :)

Also tags in those repos would be good. We can freeze the codebase today or
tomorrow and then do that already if we're happy with the result so far.

> > my next question is: based on our marketing wordsmithing (anding othering
> > wordings ending withing 'ing'ing ;) what will our "3 important messages"
> > be
> > that we flog in our blogs and elsewhere?
> >
> > shall we start a suggestions list and then pick from them?
> >
> > here's my first nomination:
> >
> > * new apps -> reader, file browser, ?
>
> apps += addons store
>
> second nomination:
> * incremental improvements: better multitouch support, better keyboard

I'd put better keyboard as its own points, that makes:

* new apps (reader, file browser, add ons)
* incremental improvements
* better keyboard

> (btw, this iirc is the first release based on mer, maybe should be
> mentioned  as well)

I've put it in the About Plasma Active section in the announcement, it names
Mer as a reference implementation.

Otherwise, getting the material ready on sunday and then sending it out on
monday sounds good to me. I've some time tomorrow I can spend on making last
bits and pieces working, among which putting up the  text on
www.kde.org/announcements, and fixing up p-a.org for release.

sebas