release

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:41:16 UTC 2012

On Friday 05 October 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday, October 5, 2012 13:55:15 Marco Martin wrote:
> > what about release for sunday evening or monday?
>
> +1 for getting everything done sunday evening and sending out announcements
> for others to pick up on monday morning.
>
> > what is still missing i guess are tarballs.
>
> do we need tarbals? is this even really plausible to do anymore? patches
> again kdelibs, numerous repos ... i'm not against the idea, just wondering
> if it is meaningful to do or if we should simply point people to the
> images and OBS repository?

i was thinking to just offer tarballs of specific repos (plasma-mobile,
slc,contour, artwork-mobile,bodega-client ... else?)
plus the big active patch for kdelibs and the big screenlocker patch for kde-
workspace

all other kde software is intended to take the last release (4.9 for sc stuff,
latest calligra etc) so wouldn't be in the tarballs

shouldn't be that big