PA3 release screenshots

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Oct 1 21:39:42 UTC 2012

Sorry, I'll have to be a bit nagging about names again because we're still
quite inconsistent here:

On Monday 01 October 2012 17:27:46 Marco Martin wrote:
> > - SLC
> > - document viewer

It's called Okular Active (although the name is intentionally not user-visible
anywhere).

> > - file browsing

It's currently called "Files" in the Launcher. It's planned to eventually grow
into a universal Resource Browser, so I'm not sure if we should stick with
"Files" as long as it actually shows only files or give it a name that fits
better what we have in mind for it.
I'm okay with it being called "Files" for now, but it should be called that
_everywhere_ then (in the Launcher, in the window title, in crash reports
etc.).

> > - activities (create new activity shot)
> > - market application (what are we actually calling that?)
>
> "addons store"

The window title and the title for the kwallet dialog was still "Add Ons App"
last time I checked. In the Launcher it's currently called "Store". Could we
please settle on a name and change to it in every user-visible place? If even
we get confused with the names, how is the public (and our users) supposed to
get it right? And this is something people are likely to talk about, so the
name should really be made to stick (see Google Play or App Store, for
example).

This might all look like unimportant details, but the more buzz we create
around PA, the more important naming consistency becomes. We don't want a new
Cashew ;)

PA3 seems mature enough to me now to start applying finishing touch like this.

Cheers,
Thomas