Stability of Devel repos

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Nov 24 15:21:54 UTC 2012

On Friday, November 23, 2012 14:06:24 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> That's why I'm thinking if maybe it makes more sense to not build our Devel
> packages from Git every day, but keep the latest stable versions and only
> build from Git if we actually depend on newer code. I don't know if that's
> technically feasible, but it would make it easier to see whether bugs were
> caused by us or not.

It might not be what we want: If something in devel breaks, and we don't do
regular updates from that, we'll just see the breakager later. The point of
the devel repo is not that it's usable, but to reveal problems.

We used the testing repo for the "sync once in a while but only when things
mostly work" case.
--
sebas