Changes to the Bugzilla project

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Thu Nov 22 14:01:58 UTC 2012

Heya,
as my first official act as quality coordinator for Plasma Active, I did
some changes in the Bugzilla project.

First, the more cosmetic ones:
- I changed the description to Plasma Active (personally I'd still
prefer to rename the project itself to Plasma Active, but hopefully the
description is enough to make clear what "Active" means and we still
keep first position in alphabetically ordered lists)
- I changed the versions and milestones from X.0 to PA X, to make it
more consistent with how we market the release names. The only problem
is that currently the "About" dialog still says "X.0". I'd prefer to
change that in the future as well. 3.0 sound to me like we had .X
versions, which we don't. Of "PA X" sounds weird, we can just name them X.

Now the process-related ones:
- I introduced the milestones "PA 4" and "Future" and renamed "---" to
"unscheduled". The purpose of this is to associate a milestone to any
open bug, as suggested by Jeroen van Meeuwen.
- I added the versions "Master" and "Integration", so that _every_ bug
can have a version associated with it. If bugs in Integration or Master
don't get fixed before the release, they will be changed to the release
version, so that Integration and Master always relate to the current
development cycle.

These two changes are the first steps in an effort to prevent "orphaned"
bugs and to be able to get a clear view of where we are and where we're
going.
As a next step (probably this weekend) I'll plough through our existing
bugs, update their statuses, versions and milestones.