Fwd: Re: Typography HIG

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 15:06:25 UTC 2012

On Monday 19 November 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday, November 19, 2012 13:45:42 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > In general I'd like to see font size used as primary means for
> > distinction between levels, bold font usage should be reduced to an
> > absolute minimum
>
> on smaller screens, a benefit of using bold rather than larger font sizes
> is you get more compact presentations.
>
> in any case, i think we should focus on how we implement this so that it is
> consistent across Plasma Active and then try out various approaches and
> measure how they work in practice.

i would agree on preferring font size as distinction.

what needs to happen is probably this be controllable by the theme, so a theme
for smaller screens may switch to bold instead of bigger font

ideally, you should just be able to ask to Theme the "header level 1" font or
other conexts like that, then in the app no references to style or size
whatsoever should be there