Plasma active capabilities and direction

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 19 14:58:37 UTC 2012

On Monday, November 19, 2012 13:23:02 you wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Monday, November 19, 2012 00:12:19 Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> > > I) How does PA deal with multiple screens?
> >
> > it currently does not support multiple screens. which is to say: if you
> > attached a second monitor, nothing would show on it though you could move
> > windows to it.
>
> Ah.
>
> > and no, no tiling
>
> Well, the possibility to use external screen is far more important than how
> the windows on that screen are managed ;)

since you linked to the ubuntu-on-android thing, i should note that i was
discussing multiple simultaneous screens. if the goal is just to switch which
screen things are displayed on (the docking use case), that's trivial :)

> That is a more concise way of putting it, yes :)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66S8is1E9MI shows something along the lines

yes, that's the general idea.

(and as tempting as it is to list the numerous falacies in that particular
animation .. i'll resist temptation :)

> > > III)  Who does the device adaptations?
> >
> > Whoever is interested in a given device; which may be a company or
> > community
> > members. There are also people available for hire that can do such work.
>
> Ok. Any inkling if the note II is a possible target?

nobody has started work on it afaik, but you could always pick up the torch :)