Tab bar in Files - why a new widget?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Nov 13 10:56:58 UTC 2012

On Monday, November 12, 2012 15:12:01 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> At least in the version currently in Master, there is a (thin) border
> between the "active tab" and the content, and the tab buttons are visually
> more similar to the toolbar (grey gradient) than to the content (weaving
> pattern). This is not the visual attachment I expect from what I learned
> about tab bars, which is - No separation between active tab and content
> - Active tab has the same background as the content

no separation is a slightly difficult problem (from a technical pov) given how
components are currently used; the background difference was sth i also noted,
but we don't currently have appropriate artwork available, though we know it
is sth we need.

so 2 valid points, 1 we can fix with some art, and the other being less easy.