After PA shell crash, booting takes a long time

David Talmage talmage at acm.org
Mon Nov 5 21:39:05 UTC 2012

On Saturday, November 03, 2012 02:40:26 PM Lamarque V. Souza wrote:
> Em Saturday 03 November 2012, David Talmage escreveu:
> > >
> > > 	Send us the ~/.xsession-errors files and the crashlog if you still
have

> > > it.
> >
> > I don't have ~/.xsession-errors.  I created an empty one and rebooted.
> > The
> > file is still empty.
> >
> > Would it help if I sent you /tmp/startactive-mer.log?
>
> 	Not much, startactive-mer.log is only about starting up the KDE session.
> Once the session is up and running nothing really usefull goes to that log.
> ~/.xsession-errors is where the interesting stuff goes, I do not understand
> why it does not exist in your tablet.

I gave up and reinstlled PA3 from the release ISO.  Then I installed all the
updates that Wolfgang Romey <hier at wolfgangromey.de> mentioned two days ago.

I was able to back up the important files from my home directory to a USB hard
drive, so I didn't lose anything except  accounts & passwords and activity
configurations.  If you back up to a FAT32 file system, don't forget, as I did,
that FAT32 has a small file size limit.  The 5.9 GB tarball of my home
directory was too big for FAT32.

Things were so messed up on my WeTab that I had to mount the drive using
'mount'.

Dave