After PA shell crash, booting takes a long time

Wolfgang Romey hier at wolfgangromey.de
Sat Nov 3 17:15:52 UTC 2012

Hello,

> > I need help figuring this out.  My PA3 WeTab now takes 15 minutes to boot
> > to a usable state.  Even then, it's not as responive as it used to be.
> > PA3 was working well until the shell crashed a few days ago.  That was
> > right after I installed the okular update.  I don't have reason to
> > suspect okular.
> >
> > It takes seven minutes to ask me for the kdewallet password.  Eight
> > minutes after than, I can pull down the app menu bar.
> >
> > What can I do to debug this?  Should I forget about it and reinstall PA3?
>
> 	Send us the ~/.xsession-errors files and the crashlog if you still have
> it.
>
> > When PA3 is finally up, wlan0 isn't up.  Eventually, the little wifi icon
> > in the status bar responds to my press. Then it takes a minute or two to
> > display the wireless settings dialog.  My network is known but apparently
> > its password is not remembered.  The soft keyboard doesn't appear when I
> > press the password type-in field. Deleting and re-creating the connection
> > to my home network didn't change this.
> >
> > Sometimes I get the crash dialog for kdeinit4.
> >
> > The power button no longer engages the sleep/shutdown screen.
>
> 	It looks like some configuration files have been corrupted. Reinstalling
> PA3 may solve this.

I expierienced exactly this too a few weeks ago. As I saw no other way, i
reinstalled PA3. Until now everything is working well, althoug I make heavy
use of activities. Now I have created 7 or 8 of them. I am very carefull with
the browser: I never open a new window and always wait until the webpage is
completely loaded.
Is there a way to backup and reinstall the home-directory in case this happens
again and i have to reinstall PA3?

Wolfgang