Active Digest, Vol 20, Issue 2

Wolfgang Romey hier at wolfgangromey.de
Fri Nov 2 12:40:56 UTC 2012

Hello,

> > when reading a (Pdf-)book with the book app, i can only zoom to ca. half
> > of the width of the screen. Bug or feature?
>
> Current zoom in is limited to 2x .. it would be easy enough to alter that
> to be 3x (or some bigger #) but it should be kept to a reasonable maximum.
> half the width of the screen seems rather small, however. what is the
> horizontal resolution of the device you are using, size of the page in
> default size, etc?

I use PA3 on a wetab in the standard resolution. (Is there a way to alter
that?). pdfs are always opened showing a complete page. When I zoom in, 2x is
reasonable for reading text but sometimes not for graphic. So 3x would help,
but i think it should be page-width. On my notebook there are 17 steps for
zooming in okular. I will try, if there is a border for zooming in the
browser. I did not notice any until now.

Wolfgang