Talking to the user

Wolfgang Romey hier at wolfgangromey.de
Thu Nov 1 13:57:45 UTC 2012

Hello

> > I thought, that it would be helpfull for feedback, so i could tell my PA3
> > is up to date. Now i do zypper refresh allmost daily, to see, if
> > sommething has changed.
>
> That is not really necessary. If there is a bug that really annoys you: Put
> yourself on the CC list and wait until it's fixed. Then update. New
> features usually won't be backported, so there's no need to hope for that.

What is the CC list?

Will the improvements of the sprints merged into Master and available in PA3?
The most important for me are the crashes in  the browser and bangarang. Both
are, as you know of course, really annoying and prevent me from showing PA3 to
an average user. The tinkerer has eyes for the leading concepts, the average
user in my opinion not.

> > In an earlier mail i wrote, that i had Kstars on my wetap, when i used
> > the balsam iso. For me, it was very good usable, as you only have to
> > configure it once and only sometimes have to change the location. I
> > think, it could be as attractiv to users as marble.
>
> We might add that one, yes. Installing applications will be a lot easier
> when the infrastructure for getting apps via Add Ons is in place.
> The Kstars team is currently actually working on an Active version of their
> application (at least they talked to me about it during Akademy) so things
> will be even better there soon!

That would be great. It would be cool, to find soon a few applications in Add
Ons, so one can see and show the perspective.

BTW, is there something an advanced user can do for PA, for example
translations?

Cheers

Wolfgang