ownCloud Client

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon May 28 17:04:00 UTC 2012

On Monday 28 May 2012 18:58:11 Sascha Manns wrote:
> Hello mates,
>
> today i've tried out to install Mirall/OwnCloud Client in Plasma Active
> 'cause i'm getting this Question from time to time.
> The Installation through openSUSEs isv:OwnCloud:community was successful,
> and i have a new Icon on my PA Workspace. If i'm pressing it, it starts a
> Cloud- Icon into the Systembar and i must configure it through pressing
> that Icon. The Problem is, that this Icon isn't visible in PA.
> Has anyone tried out this?

Plasma Active does not support application-specific systray icons (see also
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Development/ActiveHIG/Systray), so if
the OwnCloud client requires a systray icon to work (which is bad practice in
general, but that's a different topic) than it is not supported in PA.

Cheers,
Thomas