Maliit, Plasma Active and Mer

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu May 24 09:15:11 UTC 2012

On Thursday 24 May 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Thursday 24 May 2012 00:06:29 Lamarque V. Souza wrote:
> > Em Wednesday 23 May 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer escreveu:
> > > On Monday 21 May 2012 19:26:08 Marco Martin wrote:
> > >
> > > I updated my Meego Devel image today, it installed Maliit & Co but the
> > > keyboard does not show up. Do I need to change a config file or do
> > > something else for it to work?
> >
> > 	When I tested maliit I needed to edit
> >
> > /usr/share/kde4/apps/startactive/env.conf and change  QT_IM_MODULE value
> > to "Maliit", like this:
> >
> > QT_IM_MODULE=Maliit
> >
> > 	Probably you need to do the same.
>
> That file was already correct on my system. I also tried deleting (or
> actually moving) my .kde folder as Maurice suggested, but that did not
> help either. The problem seems to be elsewhere...

just to get an idea where things may go wrong, try to do the whole procedure
(that should already be done in scripts, that's weird)

in konsole
export QT_IM_MODULE=Maliit
export QML_IMPORT_PATH=/usr/lib/kde4/imports
killall maliit-server
maliit-server&

then launch any app, like another konsole or active-filebrowser, active-
webbrowser from that konsole session

(btw i don't think meego will stay supported or tested for long)