KDE Phone subsystem integration

Emmanuel Lepage emmanuel.lepage at savoirfairelinux.com
Wed May 9 14:34:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am looking into peregrine. I am glad I won't have to rewrite a full client, at least I hope I wont have to. As I said, I have time to work on integrating phone support into KDE libs/SC/Active, so as long as I can justify it, I prefer using what is there than reinventing the wheel all over again. Is there some kind of plugin abstraction in peregrine so I can plug SFLPhone as a new backend? I am reading your wiki right now and looking at the code/features set. We have a good Linux SIP implementation with many full time developers working on it full time (+me working on the mobile/Qt/KDE/embedded clients and one doing the same on the GTK/Gnome/Ubuntu side of the universe). If we could join forces here, somehow, it might be a win/win scenario for both teams (talking for myself, not Savoir-Faire Linux (yet)).

I am totally open to it, as I said, I am full time again and no other major projects in sight (the enterprise Qt landscape is getting quiet these day... not a good news for a Qt consultant for the last 5 years).