webthumbnails patches merged

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri May 4 08:19:25 UTC 2012

On Friday 04 May 2012, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> A quick heads up. Today, I've merged the last bits necessary to have
> thumbnails for webpages work out of the box.
>
> That means with the KDE/4.8 branch of kdelibs and master of kde-runtime,
> webthumbnails work out of the box now. I've changed the preview dataengine
> accordingly in plasma-mobile master. (Changes are backwards compatible.)
>
> The patch which adds a thumbnailer for webpages can thus be dropped.
> Everything we need is now supported by the htmlthumbnail plugin, which is
> also responsible for HTML files. It also uses webkit.

hi, thanks for this ;)
are all relevant patches on obs disabled?

only one thing, now plasma-mobile depends on qt 4.8 due to QUrl::isLocalFile()
while on meego is still on 4.7 (we tried 4.8 but didn't even boot anymore)

now, would be needed to either workaround it, ifdef that or finally decide to
dump meego altogether