Changes to Activity Configuration UI

Fania Bremmer fania.bremmer at basyskom.com
Wed May 2 08:13:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

Nice that we are moving forward with that dialog...

+1 for the label inside the text field
+1 for testing the lock/unlock slider with only icons (needs some
testing with users I guess, if they understand the message)

Actually I guess with more free space between the different elements we
would gain a better grouping of relevant elements. So more space between
title bar and name text field, more space between text field and wallpaper.

Have you thought about the error message dialog (same activity name)?
Where would it pop up/be displayed? Did we decide for a common pattern
for error messages in PA?

With the private switcher, only a lock and unlock icon might not be
enough intuitive. we should test that on users actually. It might be
better to use a "public" icon like the one used in dribble
(http://dribbble.com/shots/415967-Privacy-Settings) as the opposite of
the locked status. what do you think?

In one sketch I actually tried to go a bit in direction of a wizard, so
chunking up the 3 different steps visually, with 3 different headlines.
That would make it here:
1 - Give your activity a name
2 - Make it private
3 - Select a wallpaper (here maybe also with the "browse" Button for
selecting own photos as wallpaper, a feature we discussed months ago)
Go.

But as it was decided to remove all unnecessary headlines, labels etc,
that might lead into another (unwanted) direction :)

Cheers,
F.