Questions about building plasma active

Maurice de la Ferte Maurice.Ferte at
Wed May 2 07:50:51 UTC 2012

Jonathan Hi,
first I like to point out that the our basyskom tegra2 images are part
of a early hardware evaluation for Plasma Active development purpose.
Those images are outdated and unsupported.
On April 28, 2012 at 5:01 AM Jonathan Schultz <jonathan at> wrote:

> Hello folks,
> I've just discovered this project so please bear with me if I ask
> questions to which the answers are already out there.
> I've just been trying to install KDE Active on a Motorola Xoom, which is
> a Tegra 2 device. The basyskom install scripts don't seem to work, but I
> was able to flash the boot image and install the filesystem on an SD
> card as per the directions. When I booted nothing happened. :(
> Literally, no messages, nothing.
> But I have been able to install Debian and KDE/netbook using this
> information:
> So my questions are:
> 1. Can anyone suggest how to figure out what's going wrong with
> basyskom's images?
The images and helper script are working on a Point of View tablet
(TAB-TEG-10-1-4GB-3G) with pre installed Android 2.3. In case they
fail, the reason could be a different partition layout on "Motorola Xoom"
(you should get a hint on std error output by usind the helper scripts),
a invalid Android boot image (in case of pre installed Android > 2.3).
Also please keep in mind the published image (2011-12-09) needs a kernel
with enabled swap support, you will find it inside following rpm (you have
to unpack the rpm by hand to get the new boot image):
In case you like to adapt the kernel for your own needs,
the following url could be a good starting point:
Thats all we have.