Workflow and integration

martin brook martin.brook100 at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 30 12:24:13 UTC 2012

Marco Hi,

Just to throw another axis into the discussion we need to consider Mer core
in this workflow as not to end up in the tied to MeeGo 1.2 situation.

Mer makes regular releases and also pre releases so vendors can check that
the next release won't break their code.

Maurice I know has been building against these 'next' Mer releases and this
I would say that needs to continue with any change in workflow.

>From your proposals from my point of view a place to pull from to build a
stable Vivaldi / Archos image would be great and we could get the IMG tool
(which runs on the openslx machine) automatically creating stable. images.

Talking about the process automation side of things the new proposal means
potentially more repos and more activity in SR between them,  maybe the
BOSS (http://wiki.meego.com/Release_Infrastructure/BOSS) tool can help a
bit here, I'm copying in David (lbt) from Mer who has great knowledge in
this area of automated release management for products.

BR

Martin