Opacity of resource boxes

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:46:04 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 28 March 2012, Fania Bremmer wrote:

> > Just to bring this up again: What do the others think? We still need
> > to harmonize Plasmoids and resource boxes, so we need a clear decision
> > on this.
>
> I thought Marco already experiment with the opacity of the boxes? We
> agreed here in the last sprint in Darmstadt, that we should definitly
> make the boxes less "grey rectangulish"... So from me a +1.
> Only concern would be the readability of the labels. That needs to be
> tested.

with resource boxes with the translucent version of the background looks like
this:
http://i.imgur.com/Kb84z.png
(to me, quite omg my eyes are bleeding)

and could be affordable for resource boxes only, since most plasmoids don't
have that white boders around text, or all could have an in the middle opaque
version, but would look almost as gray with just the visual noise of the
transparency added to it